RELEASE DATE: November 6th, 2015
Alright so here it is guys the big one. Call of Duty series is like the most played series of all time. And Call of duty Black Ops 3… is it going to live up to the hype and deliver again? Or is it just going to suck. I’ll talk about that right now.
Most people who have played the game and seen it in action are more excited than ever for this new game. Unlike Star Wars Battlefront point and click action, Call of Duty is going to have a lot of ways to customize your character. In this Call of Duty, you’re going to have wave after wave of AI action much like Halo series gameplay mode. The new AI means these guys are going to be smart. Not only will you be fighting other human ais there will also be drones and robots. Oh yeah baby.
The graphics are pretty insane too. The characters are super detailed and their face expressions are crazy life like. You can get a bow in this game which looks super cool. So at the beginning of each match you get to choose your character. Each character has their own unique look, personality, back story, etc. It is kind of like Evolve if you have ever played that game. Anyway back to the bow. The bow is a weapon you get with the Outrider. The Outrider is a female character. She is sort of like a specialist who is a scout with bow and arrows. She has this ability called vision pulse that can identify enemies around the map. It is not just the bow that is bad ass, all the weapons have a new look to them and I think this fresh look is exactly what the Call of Duty series needed.
Maybe the biggest difference in this latest Call of Duty is the way you can move over the map. You can chain together actions to move in new and unique ways. You can walk along walls and jet packs around too. But you can also feel the difference. It has a lot of momentum like movement, once you get your speed up you can capitalize on it.
I was going to do a 2 for 1 post last time but honestly it got really long and I got tired out. So I saved the console gamer wish list for today. Honestly I’ve looked over a ton of products this holiday season to figure out what I want so I’ve checked out the best new products out there. I’ve already made my wish lists and if your shopping for some new gaming gear you’ll want to look at these products in this list or my PC gaming list.
- Sony TV. Sony makes the most badass TVs out of them all. My friend just got an OLED Sony TV and that thing looks so kickass with the Playstation 4.
- X Rocker Chair. If you don’t game at a desk and infront of a TV I recommend these chairs. Rock your way to victory.
- New Xbox Controller. The Xbox Elite controller is $150. DON’T buy it as a separate product. I’d suggest getting the Xbox Elite bundle or waiting for the price to come down.
- Xbox One Bundle. There is a bunch of Xbox One Bundles out there. Choose carefully but if you have a favorite series they probably have a bundle for it.
- PS4 Bundle. Like the Xbox One, you can get 1TB versions of this console plus one or two games. Now that there was a $50 price drop, the PS4 is even more enticing.
- Atlantic Gaming Desk. Once you start gaming at this desk you probably won’t be able to give it up. It is a great desk for gamers and it is only $100.
- Turtle Beach Headset. Turtle Beach does the best job of making headsets that have realistic surround sound. That means you won’t have people sneaking up to you in Call of Duty and knifing you with no warning.
There are a few things that every gamer needs. But lets mention the basics first. You gotta have something to GAME on whether that be a PC, Xbox, Playstation, Wii, handheld, or some other gaming device. Then you need your game of choice. Maybe its Call of Duty maybe is the new Star Wars game I don’t know but you need to find a game that you can really get into. Once you got that you’re ready to go.
In this wish list I’m mostly going to focus on console and PC gamers. Since most of everyone games on those platforms, it should cover the most amount of people. I just don’t have the time to talk about every single gaming device and create a separate wish list for each one so I’m going to break it down into those two categories.
- SteelSeries Siberia Elite Headset. The ear muffs glow. Nuff’ said. LOL just kidding. This has more than that going for it. This is an awesome headset that is comfortable. It has amazing sound. I’m talking about full range 7.1 channel audio sound. It is like your in a movie theatre no joke.
- Razer Keyboards. So Razer is well known in the PC gaming world and they’ve got a couple keyboards you should look into. I know a lot of people have bought the Blackwidow keyboard but i think the Deathstalker is a much better deal for the money.
- Roccat Tyon Mouse. This is a newer mouse from ROCCAT and it is pretty bad ass. It has multibuttons and all the snazzy stuff you would expect. The best thing about this mouse though is the feel. Plus the thumb button is next level. It is like this paddle that you can use for most games.
- Firefly Mousepad. If your looking for a mousepad this is the one I have my eye on. The Firefly. This is the first mouse that is so unique. It will be able to light up your desk at night.
- DX Racer Chair. DX Racer makes cool racing style chairs. These are great for gamers because they are high quality. That means they will last you a long time and you won’t have to replace them all the time. I know I do a lot of sitting in my chair and I bet you do too.
- BenQ Monitor. If you’re a true PC gamer than you’ve heard of BenQ. This are competitive grade gaming monitors. They have lower response times and accurate coloring and shading. Great for gaming and pegging where your opponents are or what type of fireball is coming your way.
So if you’re looking for the quintessential video game for the holidays many people are thinking that Star Wars Battlefront might be the one. Star Wars has some of the greatest games built around its lore and plot lines, but it also has some of the biggest flops. The big question is will Star Wars Battlefront be a hit or a flop. I’m going to take a pretty close look at this game and try to figure that out before its coming release on November 17th.
One of my friends is in on the beta and has been streaming his gameplay to Twitch so I like to think I’m more qualified than most to write a preview. As of right now there are two multiplayer maps available on the beta version. The two maps are Drop Zone on Sullust and Walker Assault on Hoth. Drop Zone is a mmap where you locate and then defend escape pods. These escape pods crashed from outer space. The first team to defend five pods wins (or whoever has the most after 10 minutes). Drop Zone on Sullust is definitely the easier of the two maps. There’s these spots of poison ponds which if you walk into will start sapping your health. Pretty self explanatory.
The Hoth map is a lot more chaotic and has a 40 player max. That means a lot of things are wizzing around including TIE Fighters X Wings and AT ATs. Jedi are knocking heads and lasers are pewing pewing all over the place and you’ll think you just landed in the middle of the Hoth scene from Star Wars. I think the environment they created on this map is super cool. But I think the novelty will quickly become not as cool.
Overall I think most people that have played the game would agree that this is a simple action game. There aren’t complex loadouts or optimizations like you would find in a Call of Duty series. It is as close as you can get to the bones of action games. Point and click is the name of the game. For some casual shooters I think this will be right up their alley. But for those needing depth and strategy to keep them hooked, you may want to stay away from this one. For now this game is just looking like a reskinned Battlefield game. For hardcore Star Wars fans that may not be a bad thing but for the rest of gamers it might get boring fast.